Friday, May 13, 2011

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

Isn't that what "they" say?  Well, I know it's been a while since we've posted, and I could probably type thousands of words about the past couple of months, but who has the time for that? 

I will try to be better and post about once a month around the 15th to keep you all updated.  You won't get a notice of my post from what I understand; you'll just have to check on us if you think of it.   

It has been wonderful and joyful and so much more!  There is much laughter in our home and much cheer and so many hugs, kisses & squeezes that you would think our address was Whoville, Alabama.  I just don't have the words to express it.  And to keep it real, it's also been hard.  There have been moments that I've wanted to run into my closet and just cry because I feel so overwhelmed or been so desperate for this little boy to just eat or look me in the eye for more than a few seconds.  Try just one Flintstone vitamin PLEASE!!!!  There have been some challenges but countless blessings!  Joy wonderful joy!  Rammy is indeed filled with joy and kindly shares it with all who come in contact with him (as many of you have already seen).

Some of the joy...
  • Hearing him call me "Mah-ummm" just like his older siblings call me!
  • Singing him to sleep at night & him knowing just when to give me a kiss during the Barney song (even if I'm only humming it).
  • Watching him run - fast I might add.
  • Watching him prank his Daddy.  He especially delighted in squirting Dad with a water toy & loves running up to him, pinching him & then taunting him to chase after... cackling the whole time. 
  • Seeing him put his hand up next to his mouth as he calls his "oooh-wahhhhhh" (translation:  Kuya for Jack)
  • Trips to the Dollar Tree for Elmo balloons (we're on our third but could use a new one!).  :-)  He loves "Mo-Mo." 
  • Watching him tuck in his big brothers & sister at night and wake them in the morning.  He loves them so much; I can see it in how he looks at them (and they are in love with him, too!). 
  • Watching the older three and how each has their special way with Rammy has just been so precious to me.  Mary Beth is a second mother (and some days a better one than me!), Jack is the safe zone/go to if Mom & Dad aren't available, and Nicholas is the fun guy who doesn't ever want Rammy to cry & immediately tries to make things better.  
First Sunday to church. 



Keeping busy at Kuya Nicholas' soccer game. 


Matt strikes again!  A bathtime tradition of spiking all Dicen babies' hair. 


Kuya Nicholas leads story time.

A trip to the zoo!  Kuya Jack pretty much carried me the whole time because I was anxious about this new place.


I did love the new African exhibit though! 


I got to go to Kuya Jack's class & thank them for the nice cards they made me. 


I colored eggs.

I ate eggs. 

I hunted eggs...

Easter Sunday!  Boys are in traditional Filipino dress clothes - Barong Tagalogs.


Hey Mom!  We need more bananas!  I love bananas! 
I now do the sign for banana & say "nuh-na-nuh."   

Like my new jammies?  I do!  "RRRRoahHhhR!" 

1 comment: