Friday, March 11, 2011

We're Home!

Greetings from Alabama!  It's good to be home with all four of our children & we are so grateful to God that we made it through Japan before the disaster hit.  We went from Manila to Nagoya to Detroit to Birmingham. 

When we arrived in Detroit and people started turning cellphones on the word spread quickly - the flight attendants said we were one of the last two planes to leave Nagoya Airport in Japan before the disaster.  I have no idea of the damage and haven't seen any news footage but understand we are very blessed to have made it out.  I did notice as we taxied on the runway that we were right on the water.  I could see large ships out to sea. 

Rammy was incredible the entire flight!  We played some, watched some & he napped a total of about 7 or 8 hours.  Not a lot when you consider we were travelling for 24! 

He warmly received his big brothers & sister and they were all over him.  He handled it much better than I anticipated.  The Elmo balloon they had waiting for him was a big hit and he also is fond of Sam our dog.  So far - so good. 

We are going to try and catch up on some sleep & will share some precious photos from our trip here when we have a moment.  AGAIN, I can't thank you enough for covering us in prayer.  What a true blessing!

God bless.
Kim

6 comments:

  1. I can not even tell you how happy I am to hear that you got out of Japan in time! Praise God for His hand of protection all over you and your family!!!!
    Rest, play and enjoy having being a mother of four!
    In His Love,
    Nikki and the Crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet this precious boy! God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELCOME HOME!!!!!

    Prayed all Morning long yesterday. When I turned on the TV and saw the news about Japan, I just knew you were in the Lords Hands. However worry crept in over and over and over. I paced until it was a decent enough time in Alabama to call.
    When I heard Mawmaw giggling as she answered the phone, in her mid-west/southern twangy voice "Well Hello" I knew you all were safe.
    She filled me in and we are so very Thankful for your safe travels.
    Enjoy the blessing of these 4 precious gifts, this is what life is all about.
    Love to All of You!
    the LaPine's

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear things are going well with the arrival of your newest addition. Enjoy your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt and Kim, we are SO very excited for you and your family!! Rammy is absolutely adorable!! One day he will surely realize how he is so blessed to be a member of the Dicen family! I imagine that you will want to "hide out" with your family for several days, but please call us if you need ANYTHING!
    We can't wait to love on the newest little Dicen :-) Much love to all of you,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete