Thursday, March 10, 2011

We've been Beibered!

Well, today we went to the InterCountryAdoptionBoard offices today to receive Rammy's passport and US Visa.  The office was very nice and we were able to take some precious photos of Rammy there.  He received a Filipino flag, Jeepney (a popular mode of transportation here in the Philippines) and a book about the Philippines.  I thought that was a really nice gesture.  It really didn't last long.  We were told who to hand what to when & were given a sheet to write a note to Rammy & leave for him in case he ever come searching for his birth mother here.

Then, it was time to celebrate!  Matt and I were a little nervous because it didn't feel like a done deal until we had these papers and worried something wouldn't be ready or available and delay our departure.  We so miss our kiddos at home.  Luckily, all went well.  So, sweet Tito Gerry took us to one of the best buffets I've ever seen!  There was Japanese & Filipino food and even Turkey!  We had a delightful time watching Rammy enjoy his Sinigong broth and rice.  Then, it happened... we were Beibered!  Tito Gerry kindly asked the strolling musicians to serenade Rammy with a Justin Beiber song, "Baby, Baby, Baby"  Oh, yes, we have video!  Rammy loved it!  He was captivated by the musicians and singing & at moments was completely embarassed and would hide his face.  Then, he'd emerge again to enjoy the music.  I was fine until they sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which made me tear up.  Precious... Rammy then proceeded to follow the musicians to the next table and get in the way of all the waiters because he so loved the music.  Quite a celebration dinner!

I couldn't imagine anything better happening today, then as we returned to the hotel for afternoon nap, I had a precious moment that warmed my soul as a mother.  Matt went shopping for a few packets of oatmeal for the plane ride for Rammy and I laid down to wait on him to fall asleep.  He was on his pallet bed but restless.  He kept sitting up, rocking a bit & tapping his knees with his hands, so I asked him if he wanted to lay down in the bed with Mommy.  I tapped on the edge of the bed and held my arms out to him.  He got up, climbed up on the bed and laid his head on my chest and fell fast asleep.  I could never have imagined this happening - especially not this soon.  Nor, do I even expect it again anytime soon.  For now, it's a precious gift.

After a three hour nap, he's up snacking and ready for the pool and officially off schedule!  Leave it to the Dicens to mess it all up!  :-)  I think the excitement of the week finally caught up to him.

I will try to post some of the photos from today later on.  For now, here's some swimming from the other day . . .

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this this morning. Can't believe he's been "Beibered"! I had to read that part to the girls this morning before they headed off to school. It's hard to believe that you will be getting on a plane tonight heading home! We are so excited things have gone so well for you, Matt & Rammy. As for the schedule - not sure how long that would have lasted once you got back to the states with the time change and other activities anyway. See you soon sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' this blog every morning with my coffee. So excited to hear about the next reunion with the sister and the brothers back in Alabamie. Safe Travels my friends. All I have to say is LOVE LOVE LOVE. I'd like to see Beiber sing a song like that.

    ReplyDelete